FOOD PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
FOOD INDUSTRY IMPLEMENTATION
EXTERNAL R & D
Synergizing Concept to Commercialization!
TECHNO ECONOMIC FEASIBILITY
FOOD BRANDING & MARKET RESEARCH
Your Brand is a story that’s left behind!
Food Consultants in Allahabad
Food Industry in Allahabad
Allahabad, a famous city in Uttar Pradesh is located at the confluence of Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati. Gangapar in the Northern part of the Allahabad district has rich fertile soil for cultivation of food grains, pulses, oilseeds and vegetables. Wheat, paddy, bajra, potato, guava, mango and banana are some of the major crops grown in this district. With a total of 2060 agro based industries, Allahabad provides employment opportunities to 16,307 people.
Major food processing sectors
1) Dal Mill: 9.85 quintals/hectare of pulses are produced, offering opportunities for milling industry.
2) Dairy processing: With an average yield of 2413 lakh litre/annum of milk, Allahabad is a main processing cluster in Uttar Pradesh.
3) Rice processing: A total of 145799 hectares of land is cropped with rice. This serves as a lucrative option for entrepreneurs to set up a cereal processing industry.
4) Potato based industry: With 150.29 quintals/hectare of potato production, processing of potato based food products to make snacks etc offer promising scope.
- Great potential to set up food processing industry because of the presence of natural resource like agriculture, livestock etc.
- Well-connected with other industrial towns.
- Availability of highly skilled and professionally qualified professionals.
- Serves as a marketing centre for neighboring districts.
Initiatives by the State Government
The Uttar Pradesh Food Processing Policy-2017 has been developed with a vision to ensure fair and remunerative price of the produce to the farmers, promote setting up of food processing industries and generate new employment opportunities. The policy also includes development of good quality infrastructure facilities, Mega Food Park and Cold Chain facility.
Potential investable projects
|Project name||Process-able products||Value proposition|
|Potato processing||Chips ,wafers etc||Rapid urbanization has led to increase in demand of processed potato products.|
|Mango processing||Mango juice, pulp, candy||The fruit juice market in India is expected to grow at a CAGR of 35%-40%.|
|Breakfast cereal manufacturing||Cornflakes, rice flakes||The breakfast cereal market in|
India has grown with a CAGR of 22.07 % during 2012- 2017
View Our Portfolio