FOOD PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
FOOD INDUSTRY IMPLEMENTATION
EXTERNAL R & D
Synergizing Concept to Commercialization!
TECHNO ECONOMIC FEASIBILITY
FOOD BRANDING & MARKET RESEARCH
Your Brand is a story that’s left behind!
Food Consultants in Chattisgarh
Often described as the ‘rice bowl’ of the country, Chhattisgarh is a land that boasts its rich agricultural and horticultural produce. Rice is the major crop cultivated in the state, occupying 66% of the total cropped area. The Agro-climatic conditions of the state are extremely favorable with 3 Agro-climatic zones that promote the growth of various crops. More than 20% of the state’s GSDP is contributed by agriculture and allied sectors.
- 80% of the population practices agriculture in Chhatttisgarh.
- Cereal & Pulses processing– 6% of India’s total rice production is from Chhattisgarh and 17% of the land is occupied by pulses.
- Fruits & vegetable processing– The state is the leading producer of bitter gourd, papaya, tomato, guava, banana, jackfruit, brinjal, okra, potato etc.
- Dairy processing– There are immense opportunities as the state has 627 dairy cooperatives with an expected milk production to reach 3.7 million tonnes in 2020.
- Fish and Egg processing- The state ranks 6th in Fish seed production and approximately 150-160 crore eggs are produced.
Chhattisgarh has 2 Mega Food parks in Dhamtari and Balodabzaar. It is strategically located and is gateway to Central India. Investors and entrepreneurs have a potential market of 500 million people. With abundance of natural resources and facilities, Chhattisgarh serves as an ideal destination for a food processing business.
Initiatives by the State Government
- Under Industrial policy 2014-19, food processing has been identified as the major focus sector to promote food processing.
- Udyam Akanksha, has been introduced under the above policy for online registration and availing incentives for MSME.
Potential Investable projects
|Project name||Process-able products||Value proposition|
|Frozen Fruits & vegetables||Frozen fruits, blanched & frozen vegetables||EU is the largest market for frozen fruits and vegetables in the world, representing nearly 50% of total world imports|
|Milk processing||Packed pasteurized milk, butter, curd, cheese etc.||Indian dairy industry is expected to double to USD 140 bn by 2020|
|Minor milletsprocessing||Millet based vermicelli, pasta,noodles etc.||India leads the world in millet production followed by the African counties|