FOOD PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
FOOD INDUSTRY IMPLEMENTATION
EXTERNAL R & D
TECHNO ECONOMIC FEASIBILITY
FOOD BRANDING & MARKET RESEARCH
Food Consultants in Jharkhand
Jharkhand is popularly known as the ‘Land of Forests’ and is a region that possesses enormous potential in Agriculture, Horticulture and Fishery. About one-third of India consumes the food products produced from Jharkhand. The state ranks 5th and 6th in Ladyfinger & Peas and Cabbage & Beans production respectively. Jharkhand is the only state that produces Cauliflower round the year. The state is also a proud recipient of “Krishi Karman Award” for pulses production & productivity.
Key Food Processing Areas
- Fruits & Vegetable processing: The state is a leading producer of Mango, Jackfruit and Litchi. Also 2 million tons of surplus vegetables are available for processing and export.
- Cereal processing: As leading producers of Rice and Wheat there is huge scope for processing of value-added cereal products.
- Cashew processing: Cashew nut is emerging as an important crop in the state, providing tremendous scope for its processing.
- Fisheries processing: With over 1 Lakh MT production of fishes, there are extensive prospects for supply of canned fish and other value added products.
Why Invest in Jharkhand?
- Have favorable climatic conditions for the growth of diverse crops.
- Is a thrust area for development because of high production, strategic geographical location and abundant sunlight
- Availability of skilled and semi-skilled labor and wide network of progressive farming community
Jharkhand Food Processing Industry Policy 2016 aims to ensure balanced economic development of state by focusing on agriculture and allied sectors. The policy provides 35-75% capital investment subsidy on machinery, 100% exemption on electricity, stamp duty and registration fee. It also envisages establishing Cold Chain units, primary processing clusters, and meat &fish shops.
|Project name||Process-able products||Value proposition|
|Frozen Fruits &|
|Frozen fruits, blanched & frozen|
|2nd largest producer of f&v in the world accounting for about 15% of the world’s production.|
|Wheat flour mill||Wheat flour, Sooji||The Indian wheat flour market grew at 19% CAGR during 2012-15|
|RTE products||Extruded puffed snacks||India’s ready to eat market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 22% during 2014-19.|