FOOD PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
FOOD INDUSTRY IMPLEMENTATION
EXTERNAL R & D
TECHNO ECONOMIC FEASIBILITY
FOOD BRANDING & MARKET RESEARCH
Food Consultants in Madurai
Madurai, the 3rd largest city of Tamil Nadu is a land that offers immense scope for Food processing industries that is still untapped. Madurai has 14,446 hectares of cultivable land for agriculture and has 2933 small scale industries on food products. With the growing demand for a variety of processed foods, Madurai provides good opportunities for existing as well as budding entrepreneurs to set up their food processing units.
Food Processing in Madurai
- Fruit pulp processing: Fruits, in particular mango in Madurai offers good scope for setting up of juice and pulping industry.
- Bakery foods: Bakery foods are always in demand everywhere. There are modern bakery based MSMEs in the Madurai district processing biscuits, cookies and wafers.
- Milk processing: Madurai is a major milk processing cluster in the state. There are 794 Dairy Co-operative societies producing 237.25 lakhs liters of milk in Madurai Union. This sector offers many opportunities for investors.
- Mushroom processing: Cultivation of mushroom is increasing and value addition of mushroom is one of the most profitable industries.
- At the production front, a change in the structure and pattern of industries is witnessed.
- Cluster movement is encouraging entrepreneurs to create innovative assets and scale up operation.
- Presence of industrial estate is attracting investment opportunities.
A Cold Chain project, SKM Animal Feeds and Foods (India) Limited has been established in Madurai. A capital investment subsidy of 25% of cost of plant/ machinery is given, 50% exemption from Stamp duty and financial assistance up to Rs. 2 lakh is given under the Entrepreneurship Development Program.
Potential for new MSMEs
|Project name||Process-able products||Value proposition|
|Pickles processing||Fruit &Vegetable pickles||There is huge export potential market for pickles|
|Appalam, papad manufacturing||Appalam/ papad dics||New entrants can shore up the papad making industry market share through product differentiation|
|Rice Mill||Rice bran, husk||Opening up of new markets for rice has created huge demand, attracting new investments|