FOOD PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
FOOD INDUSTRY IMPLEMENTATION
EXTERNAL R & D
TECHNO ECONOMIC FEASIBILITY
FOOD BRANDING & MARKET RESEARCH
Food Consultants in Patna
Situated on the banks of river Ganga, Patna, the state capital of Bihar has the benefit of fertile Gangetic plain. The city has 177 Agro based Micro & Small enterprises. Banana, potato, mango and onion are majorly produced in Patna.
Processing clusters in Patna
- Spices and Condiment Processing: Spices like Whole black pepper, red chili, and cumin are exported and supplied from Patna.
- Honey Processing: Litchi honey is the specialty of the state and has full potential to be developed as a food item for high end consumers.
- Fruits and Vegetables Processing: Entrepreneurs can enjoy a lucrative business by establishing by setting up plants for dehydration of onions; banana processing into chips, jams etc
- Bakery products: With ever increasing demand for baked items, this sector will be stepping stone for success for the investors.
- Has a subtropical climate
- Easy access to water as the city is surrounded by 3 rivers, Ganga, Sone and Poonpun. It is largest riverline city in the world.
- Has proper connectivity through road and rail network
Under the Bihar State Industrial Policy, 2016 Food processing is regarded as a “Priority Sector”. The features of the policy include capital subsidy up to 40% of the project cost, tax benefits for MSE units by additional 30%, 100% reimbursement of land related concession etc. The policy also aims to develop technology and R&D centers.
Potential Investable projects
|Project name||Process-able products||Value proposition|
|Storage Unit For Fresh Onions||Onion||A lot of produce is wasted due to lack of proper storage units. Huge potential for investments in this area|
|Setting up a Bottled Drink|
|Health drink||Increasing demand for packed beverages can be met by fruits and milk|
|Establishment of Baker’s Yeast|
|Molasses||With the increasing demand for |
bakery products, demand for yeasts is also increasing