FOOD PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
FOOD INDUSTRY IMPLEMENTATION
EXTERNAL R & D
TECHNO ECONOMIC FEASIBILITY
FOOD BRANDING & MARKET RESEARCH
Food Consultants in Ranchi
Ranchi, the capital city of Jharkhand has plentiful natural resources. The total land utilized for cultivation of agricultural crops is 28,535 ha. Ranchi district has 383 Agro based units with a total investment and employment of Rs. 2006.92 and 1590 respectively. There is a high production of a variety of fruits, vegetables and cereals in the city.
- Cereal and Pulse processing: Major crops grown are Rice, Ragi, Wheat and Tur, enabling opportunities for their processing and creation of value- added food products.
- Fruits & Vegetable processing: Brinjal, Guava, Lime, Litchi, Mango, Peas, Onion, Tomato, potato etc are majorly cultivated here. Entrepreneurs have tremendous scope of setting up plants for manufacture of canned F&V, juices etc.
- Dairy Processing: Dairy processing is a primary growth sector in the city and the state. Ranchi is one of the major processing clusters for dairy produce.
- Starch manufacturing: Starch manufacturing is gaining momentum as numerous starch processors manufacture Sweet potato starch, Maize starch, Corn starch etc.
- Being the capital city, Ranchi is well connected with other industrial areas.
- Has good infrastructure for setting up of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- Provides plenty of investment opportunities for organic produce in fast and growing market.
The government has established Jharkhand Mega Food Park Private Limited in Getalsud, Ranchi that expands over 56 acres at a total cost of Rs. 1.14 Billion. The park enables investors to set up their Food processing units. The Central government sponsored National Mission on Food Processing with Streamlined application and approval process is successfully in place. It provides grants to investors ranging from Rs. 50 lakhs to Rs. 5 Crores under various schemes.
Potential Investable Opportunities
|Project name||Process-able products||Value proposition|
|Wheat flour mill||Atta, maida, bran||Global wheat flour market is expected to grow at CAGR of 4.4%. To meet demand, modernization and expansion of existing mills is needed|
|Vegetable processing & preservation||Blanched & frozen vegetables||Increase in modern retail chains, refrigeration facilities and development of fast food chains has led to major growth of frozen foods and is continuously growing|
|Fish processing||Canned fish, fish sauce||Markets for processed fish growing due to changing lifestyle, increasing health awareness, rising demand|