FOOD PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
FOOD INDUSTRY IMPLEMENTATION
EXTERNAL R & D
Synergizing Concept to Commercialization!
TECHNO ECONOMIC FEASIBILITY
FOOD BRANDING & MARKET RESEARCH
Your Brand is a story that’s left behind!
Food Consultants in Tirunelveli
The word Thiru-Nel-Veli meaning Sacred Paddy Hedge itself symbolizes that paddy is the major crop cultivated and produced in the district. Other crops like ragi, pulses, groundnut, gingelly, coconut, chillies etc are also grown here. The district has total 1,612 industrial units based on food products. The major exportable items include processed gherkins and cashew products.
Food Processing in Tirunelveli
- Paddy processing: Paddy is majorly produced, therefore, numerous value-added and by-products of rice can be processed and manufactured.
- Millet processing: Various millets like maize, ragi, cumbu are grown here including other minor millets. With growing awareness and interest towards millets in the present day, millet processing stands a profitable business option.
- Oil processing: Tirunelveli possesses good scope for oilseeds processing as the district produces groundnut, coconut, gingelly and sunflower.
- Sugar processing: Cash crops like sugarcane are produced in the district providing many opportunities for processing of jaggery and sugar.
Under the MSME policy 2008, various incentives are provided to existing as well as aspiring entrepreneurs. They are:-
- State Capital Investment Subsidy: 15% subsidy is provided on investment in plant and machinery.
- Vat Subsidy: 100% reimbursement of VAT payment is given to all micro manufacturers during the first 6 years of production.
- Low Tension Power Traffic Subsidy: 20% subsidy on power consumption is given for first 3 years of production.
- Generator Subsidy and Back Ended Interest Subsidy
The Tamil Nadu government is all set to establish a Mega Food Park in Tirunelveli. The Food Park will create enormous opportunities for entrepreneurs and investors to set up a food processing unit, which will thereby provide employment to many people. Tirunelveli, in the years to come, has the potential to be a food processing hub for fruits and vegetables, cereals, dairy, bakery, fishery etc to cater to the needs of growing market.
Potential for new MSMEs
|Project name||Process-able products/ infrastructure||Value proposition|
|Bakery products||Wafer cream biscuits, cookies||Bakery products market is expected to grow annually by 8.9%|
|Oil processing||Rice bran oil||25% of the global Rice bran oil market is catered by India and its growing due to numerous cooking benefits, health consciousness|
|Poultry equipment||Facility for poultry products||Infrastructure creation|
|Convenience foods||Noodles||Increase in disposable income and need for convenience foods has given a rise to them|