FOOD PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
FOOD INDUSTRY IMPLEMENTATION
EXTERNAL R & D
Synergizing Concept to Commercialization!
TECHNO ECONOMIC FEASIBILITY
FOOD BRANDING & MARKET RESEARCH
Your Brand is a story that’s left behind!
Food Consultants in Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand is a state with plentiful natural resources, agricultural and horticultural produce. The state has established its mark by being the leading producer of various fruits, spices, and nuts. With over 510 food processing units, the state sees an investment of Rs.1, 000 crores annually.
Food Processing in Uttarakhand
- Fruits processing: The state is the number one producer of plums, pears, peaches and ranks top 3rd in apple production. This creates huge scope for entrepreneurs to set up fruit processing units.
- Spice processing: With highest productivity of spices at 7.2 Mt/ha, Uttarakand is a major producer of ginger, turmeric, garlic and chilly. Hence, spice processing a lucrative option.
- Beverage processing: Various Juices, drinks etc are processed here. Haridwar, Dehradun, Tehri Garhwal are major processing clusters for beverages.
- Walnut processing: As the 2nd highest producer of walnuts in the country, processing and export of walnuts offer big opportunities for entrepreneurs.
- 4 agro-climatic zones favor the growth of numerous food crops, thus making them available throughout the year
- Has state of the art infrastructure with 2 Mega Food Parks, 4 Industrial clusters, and 4 Agri-Export zones
- Well-connected with National Capital Territory of Delhi
- The state’s vision is to make Uttarakhand the future center for Food processing and believe in the culture of “Atithi Devo Bhava”, where investors are like gods. Therefore opportunities are galore for investors and entrepreneurs.
The Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana aims to connect 1.5 lakh farmers in the next 3 years by laying down a roadmap to support farmers by providing loans and excellent infrastructure. A ‘Nursery Act’ is all set to be implemented for excelling in horticulture. Also, 11 food processing projects worth Rs. 108.73 crore have been approved by MIDH in Uttarakhand and a government subsidy of Rs. 40.13 crore will be given.
Potential Investable Projects
|Project name||Process-able products||Value proposition|
|Starch Processing||Starch, glucose||There is growing demand for corn starch in ready-to-eat food items|
|Spice Oil extraction||Spice extracts, paste||Spice export is witnessing growth of 12 % by volume on year-on-year basis|
|Honey processing||Processed /Organic honey||Honey industry is growing at 15% in India at present and is expected to grow at CAGR of 5.49% globally|
|Pulse mill||Processed and packaged dal||There is huge market for dal as 90% of produce is consumed in India|