“We can expect excellence and growth working with a good Co-packer”
A Food co packer needs to be professional and with proper knowledge of process and systems.
Mistakes in selection
- Go with known
- Near By
- Clarity on long term plan
- Lack of clarity in process
- Not predicting the risk
- Informal agreement
- Not hiring professionals for evaluation
Seven mistakes in food co packer selection:
Go with known
- It is advisable to go with known co packers for trust and profitability
- But it is not on part to rely on any of the co packers without understanding their prospect and circle.
- If is not advisable that we should go with anyone cause they are nearer to me. Due to viability we can go through a audit system in a co packer organization then we can believe in the system to work with them.
Clarity on long term plan
- If we have to go through a long term plan we need to have clarity on plans and the necessary way outs the organization is expecting for.
- Long term run with any of the organization is the wisest way to deal in a business as it is framed on win win situation.
In a recent Contract packaging survey, good professionals in co packing industries help to run the business in end to end transmissions.
“Co- Packers /Co- manufacturers bear necessary certifications which proves their efficiency for reliability and quality to work with ”
Working with Co-packers provides safety and ease to do business
- The organization should have the basic way to deal the co-packer companies on the basis of trustworthiness. Its the concept to understand and work with proper standardization certified organization along with regular audits to be carried on to rely on the process. Some of the certification bodies who assure the standards are ISO,AGMARK,HALAL,OHSAS etc. Moreover supplier and organizational standards are also put on priority to meet up the agenda.
- Contract manufacturers have multiple customers that they produce for. Because they are servicing multiple customers, they can offer reduced costs in acquiring raw by benefiting from economies of scale.Hence the efficiency of choosing co-packers also lies in the more units, the less expensive the price per unit with trustworthiness.
Lack of clarity in process
- The need of clarity in process is important for both manufacturers and co packers .
- Without proper knowledge in process chart we should never attempt for starting manufacturing unit.
- 98% of the organization fail due to the improper knowledge of process and systems
Not predicting the risk
- Without understanding proper risk no one should move into any sort of business run.
- The risk factors involved is what helps us to predict and create plan for running a project.
- It is advisable to be in black and white before dealing on any ventures.
- Informal agreement is very dangerous in business deals as there are no proof to any commitments .
- Informal agreement deals to the factor of high risk factor.
Not hiring professionals for evaluation
- Professionals and reputed organizations are always advisable if costing needs to increased on that part.
- Professionals assure the product end to end commitment within the range of SOP’s