“We can expect excellence and growth working with a good Co-packer”
Food Safety Management System – ISO 22000
is a risk based management tool for the food industry in order to assure food safetyat human consumption. ISO 22000 Standard has been developed by experts from food industry, specialized Organizations and in cooperation with Codex Commission, UN (FAO) and WHO.
FSMS ISO 22000
extends benefits for the management system approach of the
ISO 9001 Quality Management System
with Hazard Analysis & Critical Controls –
and plans in order to provide Safe Food.
ISO 22000 Standard
is applicable to all types of organizations irrespective of size, nature or geography of all Food Chain from farm to feed, primary producers, food manufacturers, transport & storage operators and industry such as producers of equipment, packaging, cleaning agents, additives, ingredients and related to food.
FSMS ISO 22000 Certification
by URS indicates organization’s adherence to Food Safety in Food Chain and offers Value Addition Auditing Services in FSMS Auditing and employs experts from food chain – experienced and ISO 22000 FSMS & HACCP trained as assessors. The process approach auditing of URS minimizes the risk of system lapses and enhances customer and public confidence in the FSMS of organizations.
“Co- Packers /Co- manufacturers bear necessary certifications which proves their efficiency for reliability and quality to work with ”
Working with Co-packers provides safety and ease to do business:
- The organization should have the basic way to deal the co-packer companies on the basis of trustworthiness. Its the concept to understand and work with proper standardization certified organization along with regular audits to be carried on to rely on the process. Some of the certification bodies who assure the standards are ISO,AGMARK,HALAL,OHSAS etc. Moreover supplier and organizational standards are also put on priority to meet up the agenda.
- Contract manufacturers have multiple customers that they produce for. Because they are servicing multiple customers, they can offer reduced costs in acquiring raw by benefiting from economies of scale. Hence the efficiency of choosing co-packers also lies in the more units, the less expensive the price per unit with trustworthiness.
Who are going to start a food business as copacker these are the steps need to take.-
- Apply for firm registration(if partnership firm), if sole proprietor not required firm registration. If PVT ltd co. register your company in MCA21 with the help of CA/CWA/CS.
- Open Bank Account(Current A/c) on firm name or company name.
- Apply for FSSAI(Food Safety and standards Authority of India) License.
- After that Commercial Tax department VAT (if your sales in Intra state) and CST (if your sales are in inter state also).
- If you are providing any catering services to any software companies or any other pvt ltd companies you have to take service tax license from Central board of excise and customs ( Total services beyond 10 lakhs this license is required).
- Labor license( Shop and Establishment license) required.
- Trade license required according to your municipality.
- If you are running any ice cream parlor or if you are selling any product on your own name you required trade mark.
- If you required Loans or any government subsidy you have to take SSI (small scale Industries) or MSME (Micro small medium enterprises) license.